Licenses & Permits
What Licenses/Permits and Taxes Are Required?
SALES TAX LICENSES:
For PA Locations: All vendors must complete a Business Registration, obtain a PA Sales Tax License, and collect and submit 6% sales tax on all taxable items (plus an additional 2% if you are participating at Chestnut Hill/Philly - see below).
- Apply online using the PA 100 online system. You will receive the sales tax account number by e-mail in about 3 business days. You can also complete a paper PA-100. For more information: www.revenue.state.pa.us.
- After you receive your Sales Tax license, you can register to file your returns and/or payments through the e-TIDES system: www.etides.state.pa.us.
- Please direct questions to the PA Dept. of Revenue: 717-787-106.
For NJ Location: All vendors must complete a Business Registration, obtain a NJ Sales Tax Certificate (Form CA-1), and collect and submit 6.875% (new for 2017) sales tax on taxable items.
- Apply online using the DOR portal (click “Get Started”, select business type, then continue to fill everything out until you are finished. The final page will provide links to print out the certificate. You can also print out and mail in the form).
- Quarterly sales tax returns will be submitted until you end tax registration with the State.
- Please direct questions to the Business Reg. Line: 609-292-9292 x1. You can also view more info on the tax requirements for craft vendors here.
NOTE: the certificate MUST be displayed in your booth and state tax collectors may inspect onsite. Any businesses without the displayed certificate may be asked to break down and leave which we definitely don't want to have happen to anyone. Paperwork should be filed once accepted to this location (if you don't already have a license).
For Philadelphia Location (Chestnut Hill): Vendors conducting business in Philly (for Clover or ANY other event or show) for more than 2 days ("conducting business in Philadelphia") also must collect and submit the additional 2% local sales tax and:
- Get a Business Tax Account Number - apply online, number mailed immediately
- Get a Commercial Activity License ($0 fee) - formerly the Business Privilege License - apply online, emailed immediately
- Submit the one pg. Business Tax Return for Trade Show Vendors (there is a $100K exemption) to file your Business Income and Receipts Tax (BIRT). Forms must be submitted 30 days after last show in Philly or by April 15.
- Please direct any questions to the Philly DOR 215-686-6600.
Paperwork should be filed once accepted to this location if you don't already have a license (not inspected onsite).
LOWER MERION TWP. BUSINESS LICENSE (For Bryn Mawr PA Vendors Only)
- Get the $20 Annual Business License: just put "Clover Market vendor" at the top of the form and fill in the rest of the form as relevant
- Submit the Annual Mercantile Tax Return if gross receipts at the Markets are >$750.00. Taxes due are minimal ($1.50 per $1,000 of goods sold).
Paperwork should be filed once accepted to this location (not be inspected onsite). Please direct any questions to Twp. at 610-645-6142.
For ALL Food Vendors: Liability Insurance
All food vendors must have liability insurance with coverage of no less than $1 Million per incident to address any potential food-related claims. Your policy should name Clover Market LLC & Santander Bank NA as an additional insured. Updated COI's must be emailed no later than 3 weeks prior to your first vending date. Additional information will be provided when vendor acceptances are emailed.
For Philadelphia Food Vendors (Chestnut Hill)
All food vendors (trucks + tented vendors) must have:
- Motor Vehicle or Pushcart License (#3279 or #3280) - Jan 1 renewal
- Non-Perm Food/Special Events License (#3112) - April 30 renewal
- OR Temp/Perm Food Service Permit (<3 events/year) OR Permanent Special Event Permit (4+ events) - for all tented vendors
- Adhere to all Philadelphia Health Department regulations
Permits will be uploaded in the application if you already have them or must be emailed to to theclovermarket(at)gmail.com no later than 3 weeks prior to vending. Vendors may be inspected in the morning of the event. All Philadelphia L&I info can be found here.
For Collingswood NJ Food Vendors - (Camden County)
All food vendors (trucks + tented vendors) must have:
- Camden County Mobile Vending Permit ($75 for the event OR a $50 Annual License)- event only inspections will be conducted the day of the event, and paperwork must be submitted no later than 1 week in advance. Licenses will be issued after morning inspections. (Permit is reciprocal with and accepted from from Burlington, Gloucester, Atlantic, Cumberland, Salem, Vineland, or Cape May Counties)
- Previously licensed local restaurants must also submit Health Dept paperwork (no additional fee).
- Open Flame/Type 1 Permit ($42/event): required with any open flame or propane tank. Inspections will be conducted in the morning of the event by the Collingswood FD. NOTE: fire suppression systems are required of all food trucks conducting heating/cooking & an open flame is not allowed under any tents.
- Adhere to the Camden County/NJ Health Department regulations.
Permits can be uploaded in the application if you already have them or can be emailed to theclovermarket(at)gmail.com no later than 3 weeks prior to vending. Please direct any questions to Matt Grochowski, Camden County Dept of Health. (856-374-6052) or the Collingswood Fire Dept (856-665-0774).
Bryn Mawr Food Vendors - (Montgomery County PA)
All food vendors must adhere to MontCo Temporary Food Facility Guidelines. All info can be obtained here.
- Food truck: participating 4+ days/year at any events in the County: fill out Plan Review Packet $215 (one time fee) + $240 annual license
- Tented food vendor: participating 4+ days/year at any events in the County: fill out Temp Food Service License ($130) for each event
Montgomery County does not conduct inspections at our event.
Kennett Food Vendors - (Chester County PA)
All food vendors must adhere to ChesCo Temporary Food Service Guidelines. Vendors must also have a temporary or annual Chester County license. The online application (and payment) for permits can be obtained here.
- Food truck AND all tented food vendors including local restaurants: one day temporary permit ($55) or an annual permit w/full plan review ($250)
- Applications are submitted online - followed by a phone call to review the application and potential inspections the day of the event.
Questions? Please contact Carrie Lane at the Health Dept at 610-344-4077.