Licenses & Permits

What Licenses & Taxes Are Required?

For Bryn Mawr PA (Lower Merion Twp.) Vendors:

Paperwork should be filed once accepted.  Please direct any questions to Twp. at 610-645-6142.  

For Chestnut Hill PA (Philly) Vendors:

Vendors conducting business in Philly (for Clover Market or ANY other event or show) for more than 2 days (which "constitutes conducting business in Philadelphia") are required to:

Paperwork should be filed once accepted.  Please direct any questions to the Philly DOR at or 215-686-6600.

For Collingswood Vendors:

All vendors must complete a Business Registration to obtain a NJ Sales Tax Certificate (Form CA-1) and must collect and submit all sales tax.

  • Get the NJ Sales Tax Certicicate - apply online.  Click “Get Started”.  On next page select your business type, then continue to fill everything out until you are finished.  The final page will provide links to print out the certificate.  You can also print out and mail in the form.

Paperwork should be filed once accepted.  The Certificate MUST be displayed in your booth and state tax collectors may inspect onsite. Quarterly sales tax returns will be submitted until you end tax registration with the state. Please direct any questions to the Business Registration Line at 609-292-9292 x1.  You can also view more info on the tax requirements for craft vendors here.

For ALL Food Vendors: Liability Insurance

All food vendors must have liability insurance with coverage of no less than $1 Million per incident to address any potential food-related claims. Your policy should name Clover Market LLC & Santander Bank NA as an additional insured. Updated COI's must be emailed no later than 3 weeks prior to your first vending date.  Additional information will be provided when vendor acceptances are emailed.

For Philadelphia Food Vendors (Chestnut Hill)

All food vendors (trucks + tented vendors) must have:

  • Motor Vehicle or Pushcart License (#3279 or #3280) - Jan 1 renewal
  • Non-Perm Food/Special Events License (#3112) - April 30 renewal
  • OR Temp/Perm Food Service Permit (<3 events/year) OR Permanent Special Event Permit (4+ events) - for all tented vendors
  • Adhere to all Philadelphia Health Department regulations 

Permits will be uploaded in the application if you already have them or must be emailed to to theclovermarket(at) no later than 3 weeks prior to vending. Vendors may be inspected in the morning of the event.   All Philadelphia L&I info can be found here.

For Collingswood NJ Food Vendors - (Camden County)

All food vendors (trucks + tented vendors) must have:

  • Camden County Mobile Vending Permit ($75 for the event OR a $50 Annual License)- event only inspections will be conducted the day of the event, and paperwork must be submitted no later than 1 week in advance.  Licenses will be issued after morning inspections.  
  • Previously licensed local restaurants must also submit Health Dept paperwork (no additional fee).
  • Open Flame/Type 1 Permit ($42/event): required with any open flame or propane tank. Inspections will be conducted in the morning of the event by the Collingswood FD.  NOTE: fire suppression systems are required of all food trucks conducting heating/cooking & an open flame is not allowed under any tents.
  • Adhere to the Camden County/NJ Health Department regulations.

Permits can be uploaded in the application if you already have them or can be emailed to theclovermarket(at) no later than 3 weeks prior to vending.  Please direct any questions to Matt Grochowski, Camden County Dept of Health. (856-374-6052) or the Collingswood Fire Dept (856-665-0774).

Bryn Mawr Food Vendors - (Montgomery County PA)

All food vendors must adhere to MontCo Temporary Food Facility Guidelines.  All info can be obtained here.

  • Food truck: participating 4+ days/year at any events in the County: fill out Plan Review Packet $215 (one time fee) + $240 annual license 
  • Tented food vendor:  participating 4+ days/year at any events in the County: fill out Temp Food Service License ($130) for each event 

Montgomery County does not conduct inspections at our event.


Mailing List

Sign up to receive periodic emails including final vendor lists & locations before each Market and any important news.  We value your privacy and will never sell or share your email or info with anyone.