Holiday Market Vendor Info
Clover Market's Gifted: A Handmade Holiday Market returns for the second year to Center City Philadelphia. This event will feature 75 artisans with high quality, beautifully presented handmade products geared towards holiday gift-giving. The Market will be held indoors in the second floor gallery spaces at PAFA: the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.
- SATURDAY, DEC 1: 11-5 pm
- SUNDAY DEC 2: 11-5 pm
All proceeds from an informal "pay as you wish" donation box at the door, $5 suggested, will be given to PAFA Education Programming. The Market is indoors and will be held regardless of weather.
The event is held at the PAFA Hamilton Building, 126 N. Broad Street, Philly. Built in 1915 and newly renovated, the venue is just a short walk up N. Broad from City Hall and Dilworth Park and across the street from the Convention Center. It is easily accessible for customers by car or public transit and is between the Jefferson and Suburban Station SEPTA stops (details here). The image on the left, below, shows the historic Historic Landmark Building (l) and the Hamilton Building (r) as well as some of the second floor gallery spaces that will be used.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DATES:
- Application deadline: Sept 15
- Notifications out: Sept 29
- Deadline to accept and pay: Oct 6
BOOTH FEE: $350 (includes table and chairs, no commission on sales).
- This event is for handmade/handcrafted products only. Items should be designed and made by the vendor (or produced under their supervision).
- We are looking for the personal imprint and handiwork on final products sold and will prioritize vendors with more fully handmade items vs. those relying heavily on assembled or purchased new components (with the exception or reworked vintage components).
- All media will be considered including jewelry, ceramic, bath and body, candles, woodwork, clothing, children's items, leatherwork, glasswork, paper goods, and artwork. We are also open to including independent shops representing local artisans.
- We are looking for vendors who have creative, beautifully-designed displays & packaging.
- Products should be geared towards holiday gift-giving in terms of type of items presented and price points.Work can be holiday themed (e.g. ornaments), but is not required to be.
- No buy/sell, directly imported, or commercially-made items may be sold.
- There is no furniture or antiques at this event.
- One table (8' x 30") and two folding chairs will be provided
- Vendors may display vertically from the table. Displays should not be placed on the gallery floors. Storage will be under the tables.
- Vendor tables and inventory may stay overnight- the museum has security present.
- Click here for the vendor layout
ONSITE PRESENCE: Vendors must be able to participte for both days of the event. We prefer for vendors to be personally present but we understand this is a busy time of the year with lots of other events and limited weekends.
TABLE SHARE: Vendors can share the table with one other vendor, but both must apply and be accepted to vend. If your requested share is not accepted, and you are, you will be offered your own space.
FOOD & DRINK: On both days, the Stephen Starr cafe Tableau will be open and will have a variety of soups, salads, sandwiches, bakery items, beverages, and La Columbe coffee. View the Tableau menu here. A cash bar will also be open both days.
PAYMENT: All payments will be processed via Paypal and will be due on Oct 6.
CANCELLATION: A 50% refund will be available if we are notified in writing by Nov 4. No refunds will be issued after this date.
GETTING THERE & PARKING: For customers, PAFA is easily accessible by car or public transit, and parking is available in the neighboring Parkway Corporation Broad & Race St. Garage or 15th & Cherry St. Lot. Vendors will have discounted parking available behind the building.
SITE, SETUP & BREAKDOWN: The vendor spaces will be ready XXXXX for setup (exact time TBD, but we will allow plenty of time). All set-up must be completed by Saturday at 10 AM. Breakdown will begin right at 5 PM on Sunday Dec 3.
LOAD IN: Load in times will be offered on XXXXXXX A large freight elevator (as well as four public elevators and stairs to the second floor) will be available for all vendors, and tables will be set up for vendors on arrival. Vehicles can pull up to the freight elevator behind the building on N. Carlisle St. to unload (or can park in the immediately adjacent lotto walk in items). As an active museum, all spaces will be secured overnight.
SALES TAXES & LICENSES REQUIRED: vendors must collect 6% sales tax on all taxable items (plus an additional 2% for Philadelphia). Please see our Licenses & Permits page for additional information about what's required in Philadelphia for this or any other event.
SPACE LOCATIONS: will be assigned by Clover Market and distributed one week prior to the event.