Holiday Market Vendor Info
Please read the info below before submitting your application. As always, there is no fee to apply.
Gifted ("A Handmade Holiday Market") is a new event produced by the Clover Market in Center City Philadelphia. We are looking for approximately 75 artisans with high quality, beautifully presented handmade products geared towards holiday gift-giving. The Market will be held indoors in the second floor gallery spaces at PAFA: the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.
- SATURDAY, DEC 2: 5-8 PM (ticketed Preview Party with food + drink). The Preview Party will be promoted to PAFA Members and the public and will include champagne, specialty drinks, food stations, and early shopping access.
- SUNDAY DEC 3: 11-5 pm (free and open to the public). All proceeds from an informal "pay as you wish" donation box, $5 suggested, will be given to PAFA Education Programming.
- The Market is indoors and will be held regardless of weather.
We will be using the entire second floor gallery spaces of the PAFA Hamilton Building, 126 N. Broad Street, Philly. Built in 1915 and newly renovated, the venue is light and bright, and just a short walk up N. Broad from City Hall and Dilworth Park and across the street from the Convention Center. It is easily accessible for customers by car or public transit and is between the Jefferson and Suburban Station SEPTA stops (details here). The image on the left, below, shows the historic Historic Landmark Building (l) and the Hamilton Building (r) as well as some of the second floor gallery spaces that will be used. Here is a recent article about PAFA from Curbed Philly with additional photos.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DATES:
- Application deadline: Sept 15
- Notifications out: Sept 29
- Deadline to accept and pay: Oct 6
BOOTH FEE: $200 (includes table and chairs, no commission on sales, vending time: 3 hrs Preview Party, 6 hours on Sunday). Vendors are encouraged to display vertically, and all setups can be kept up overnight - the museum has security present.
- This event is for handmade/handcrafted products only. Items should be designed and made by the vendor (or produced under their supervision). No buy/sell, directly imported, or commercially-made items may be sold. Unlike our outdoor events, we will not have furniture or antiques at this event.
- We are looking for the personal imprint and handiwork on final products sold and will prioritize vendors with more fully handmade items vs. those relying heavily on assembled or purchased new components (with the exception or reworked vintage components).
- All media will be considered including jewelry, ceramic, bath and body, candles, woodwork, clothing, children's items, leatherwork, glasswork, paper goods, and artwork. We are also open to including independent shops representing local artisans.
- We are looking for vendors who have creative, beautifully-designed displays & packaging.
- Products should be geared towards holiday gift-giving in terms of type of items presented and price points. Vendors can consider offering everything from stocking stuffers up to gift sets and higher priced "splurge" items which may be more appropriate for the Preview Party. Work can be holiday themed (e.g. ornaments), but is not required to be.
EACH VENDOR SPACE WILL INCLUDE:
- One 8' long x 30" wide table and two folding chairs
- Tables and chairs will be set up for vendors on arrival
- 4' of open space behind the table and 2' between tables (they are generously spaced)
- Discounted parking ($10/day) directly behind the museum will be coordinated separately
- Click here for the tentative vendor layout
ONSITE PRESENCE: We would love for artists to be present for the open times of the show but we also understand this is a very busy time of the year with lots of other events and limited weekends. It's fine if you need to have your table staffed with another team member... we just ask that you just let us know beforehand. A table share can also be a good option if you have scheduling constraints. Please reach out by email to theclovermarket(at)gmail.com if you have a concern regarding scheduling conflict and would like to discuss how you might make things work.
REQUIRED ITEMS: Vendors will bring the rest of their display beyond the table and chairs provided. Displays should fit on the table but of course vertical display is encouraged too! In order to protect the floors, displays should not be placed on the gallery floors. Storage will be under the tables (covered by tablecloth for neat appearance).
TABLE SHARE: Vendors can share the table with one other vendor, but both must apply and be accepted to vend. If your requested share is not accepted, and you are, you will be offered your own space.
FOOD & DRINK: The ticketed Preview Party will include food and drinks for ticketholders (champagne, a specialty drink + food stations). On Sunday, the Stephen Starr cafe Tableau will be open and will have a variety of soups, salads, sandwiches, bakery items, beverages, and La Columbe coffee. View the Tableau menu here.
PAYMENT: All payments will be processed via Paypal and will be due on Oct 6.
CANCELLATION: A 50% refund will be available if we are notified in writing by Nov 4. No refunds will be issued after this date.
GETTING THERE & PARKING: For customers, PAFA is easily accessible by car or public transit, and parking is available in the neighboring Parkway Corporation Broad & Race St. Garage or 15th & Cherry St. Lot. Vendors will have discounted parking available behind the building.
SITE, SETUP & BREAKDOWN: The vendor spaces will be ready Saturday for setup (exact time TBD, but we will allow plenty of time). All set-up must be completed by 5 PM when the Preview Party opens. Breakdown will begin right at 5 PM on Sunday Dec 3.
LOAD IN: A large freight elevator (as well as four public elevators and stairs to the second floor) will be available for all vendors, and tables will be set up for vendors on arrival. Vehicles can pull up to the freight elevator behind the building on N. Carlisle St. to unload (or can park in the immediately adjacent lotto walk in items). As an active museum, all spaces will be secured overnight.
SALES TAXES & LICENSES REQUIRED: vendors must collect 6% sales tax on all taxable items (plus an additional 2% for Philadelphia). Please see our Licenses & Permits page for additional information about what's required in Philadelphia for this or any other event.
SPACE LOCATIONS: will be assigned by Clover Market and distributed one week prior to the event.